VEGAN FALAFEL SMASH SARMIE
This falafel smash sarmie with roasted veg and basil pesto is my new favourite lunch right now.
MAKES: PREP TIME: COOK TIME:
1 sandwich 15 minutes 15 minutes
FOR THE SANDWICH:
2 slices of bread of your choice
some vegan butter
1 tbsp vegan basil pesto
1 tbsp hummus
1/2 red bell pepper chopped
3 cauliflower florets roughly chopped
1 carrot sliced into thin sticks
some olive oil, salt, pepper and cumin
4-6 falafels of your choice
Some fresh coriander
MAKE THE SANDWICH:
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C and prep the veg then place on a baking tray and drizzle with some olive oil and season with some salt, pepper and cumin.
2. Roast for 10-15 minutes or until slightly charred.
3. Place the falafels in the oven or air fryer and cook according to package instructions.
4. Butter one side of the bread and then place butter side down in a pan or skillet over medium heat until warm and crispy.
5. Spread one side with the pesto and the other side with the hummus.
6. Place the falafels on the pesto side and smash with a fork.
7. Then top with the roasted veg and some fresh coriander.
8. Close the sarmie, slice and enjoy.