ESPRESSO AND CINNAMON CRUMBLE MUFFINS
RECIPES/SWEET TREATS/ MUFFINS
MAKES: PREP TIME: COOK TIME:
12 muffins 15 minutes 20 minutes
FOR THE MUFFINS
1 1/4 cups unsweetened soya milk
1 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
2 cups cake flour
3/4 cup white sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp corn starch
1/3 cup sunflower oil
2 tbsp instant espresso powder
FOR THE CRUMBLE:
1 cup flour
1/3 cup white sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp cinnamon
1/3 cup vegan butter, melted
MAKE THE MUFFINS:
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C and line or grease a muffin tray
2. In a small bowl combine the almond milk and apple cider vinegar and set aside to curdle.
3. In a separate bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, coffee powder and cornstarch.
4. Add the sunflower oil, and soya milk mixture.
5. Stir the mixture until just combined (some small lumps are fine, don’t over mix)
6. Scoop equal amounts into the muffin tin, it should make 12 muffins.
7. For the crumble combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix until combined.
8. Crumble the mixture over the top of the muffins.
9. Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes until the tops are golden and a toothpick comes out clean.
10. Allow to cool for 5 minutes then remove and place on a cooling rack and enjoy !