VEGAN CHOCOLATE SWIRL BUNS
MAKES: PREP TIME: COOK TIME:
8-10 buns 20 minutes 20 minutes
FOR THE DOUGH:
2 1/2 cups of self rising flour ( extra for dusting)
3 tbsp caster sugar
2 tbsp vegan butter, melted
1 cup almond milk
1 tsp vanilla essence
FOR THE FILLING:
3 tbsp vegan butter
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
MAKE THE BUNS:
1. Preheat oven to 180°C and line a baking sheet.
2. In a bowl, stir together the flour and caster sugar then add the melted butter, almond milk and vanilla essence and stir to combine until a dough forms.
3. Transfer to a lightly floured surface and knead until the dough is smooth (don’t over knead, just between 6-7 times).
4. Roll the dough into a rectangle (roughly 20 by 30cm).
5. Prepare the filling by melting the chocolate and butter in a sauce pan over medium to low heat.
6. Spread the filling onto the rolled dough leaving 1cm on each side.
7. Spilt the dough into thirds - fold 1/3 over to the middle and then the other 1/3 over that (to create an envelope with 3 layers).
8. Slice into 2cm thick strips. (Horizontally)
9. Twist each strip and then roll up.
10. Place on the baking sheet and bake for 15-18 minutes.
11. Once baked remove from the oven and enjoy immediately