VEGAN BUTTER CHICK'N CURRY
MAKES: PREP TIME: COOK TIME:
6-8 servings 20 minutes 15 minutes
2 cups of jasmine rice
4 cups of water
360g of vegan chick’n strips (2 packets)
2 tbsp olive oil
1 large red onion, diced small
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tbsp of fresh grated ginger
1 tbsp of garam masala spice
1 tsp of turmeric powder
1 tsp of ground coriander
1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper
1 tsp of salt
1/3 cup of tomato paste
1 can of coconut milk
1/2 can of coconut cream
Some coriander for serving
VEGAN GARLIC NAAN BREAD (see recipe below)
Method for butter chick’n :
1. Cook 2 cups of rice according to packet instructions.
2. In a pot over medium heat add the olive oil and cook the chick’n strips until they are warm through and slightly brown. Then remove and set aside.
3. Add some more olive oil and then add the onion and sweat for 3-4 minutes.
4. Then add the garlic and ginger and cook for a further 2 minutes.
5. Add all the spices, tomato paste, vegan chick’n and coconut milk and cream.
6. Allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes while stirring frequently.
(In the meantime make the naan bread)
VEGAN GARLIC NAAN BREAD
1 tsp of instant yeast
1 tsp of white sugar
3/4 cup of warm water
2 cups of all purpose flour
1 tsp salt
3/4 tsp baking powder
3 tbsp coconut cream (you can leave this out)
2 tbsp olive oil
For topping: vegan margarine and 1 garlic clove (cut in half)
1. In a bowl add the yeast, sugar and water and leave until it become frothy.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients besides the toppings and stir with a wooden spoon until it is combined.
3. Knead on a lightly floured surface for 2 minutes
4. Divide into 8 equal sections and roll out into thin ovals of circles.
5. In a cast iron pan over medium to high heat cook the naan bread until starts to bubble and brown and then flip over and cook the other side.
6. Once cooked remove from the pan and spread with some vegan margarine and rub the clove of garlic all over it.
7. Repeat until completed.
Serve the vegan butter chick’n over rice with the naan bread and top with some chopped coriander.