CRISPY BABY MARROW FRITTERS
These simple fritters and so easy to whip up for lunch or supper or even a snack in between. They are also completely gluten-free !
MAKES: PREP TIME: COOK TIME:
10 10 minutes 10 minutes
FOR THE FRITTERS
10 baby marrows, grated
4 spring onions, thinly sliced
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp corn flour
3 tbsp water
a pinch of black pepper
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 clove of garlic, crushed
1- 2 cups of chickpea flour
MAKE THE FRITTERS
1. Place the baby marrows, spring onion and salt in a colander and set aside to drain.
2. Combine the water and corn flour until it forms a smooth paste.
3. Add the spices (ground coriander, paprika, turmeric and black pepper) and the garlic to the corn flour mixture and mix to combine.
4. Squeeze the baby marrow mixture to drain the excess water then add to the corn flour mixture.
5. Add the chickpea flour until a thick batter forms.
6. Heat some oil in a pan and drop spoonfuls of the batter into the oil.
7. Fry on either side until golden brown.
8. Repeat until all the batter is done.
9. Enjoy with your favourite dip, on top of a yummy salad, in a wrap or on a sandwich.