MINI CINNAMON AND SUGAR DONUTS
MAKES: PREP TIME: COOK TIME:
24 mini donuts 10 minutes 5 minutes
FOR THE DONUTS:
50 g vegan butter
120 ml almond milk
2 tbsp canola oil
250 g plain flour
1½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
50 g caster sugar
½ cup of caster sugar
1 tbsp cinnamon
canola oil for frying (around 1.5L)
MAKE THE DONUTS:
1. Melt the butter, almond milk and 2 tbsp canola oil in a pan over a medium heat.
2. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a large bowl. Make a well in the middle, then tip in the melted butter mixture.
3. Bring the mixture together with a fork until it forms a wet, thick dough, then divide and roll into 24 small balls.
4. Heat the canola oil in a pot over a high heat. Once it’s ready reduce the heat to medium and place a few balls into the oil using a slotted-spoon
5. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until golden brown while turning them.
6. Remove from the oil and place on some paper towel the roll in the cinnamon and sugar mixture and ENJOY !