For the shell:
1 cup of all purpose flour
3 tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup of water
1 block of tofu
1/2 cup of nutritional yeast
A generous pinch salt and pepper
1/2 tsp dried parsley
1 tsp onion flakes
1/4 of a medium lemon juiced
A hand full of fresh basil leaves chopped
10 sliced cherry tomatoes
For the shell:
1. Combine the oil and flour with a fork until little balls form
2. Slowly add the water mixing in between
3. Knead the dough and allow to rest in the fridge for 30 minutes
4. Preheat the oven to 200°c
5. Once rested roll the dough out on a floured surface until it is thin and large enough to fill the tart casing
6. Place into the tart casing a trim the edges
7. Place baking paper over the top and bake in the oven for 15 min
8. After 15 minutes remove the baking paper and bake for a further 5 minutes then remove from the oven.
9. Allow the shell to cool while making the filling.
For the filling:
1. Change the temperature of the oven to 180°c
2. In a food processor combine all the ingredients for the filling except the basil leaves and the tomatoes
3. Chop the basil leaves and mix them into the filling by hand
4. Slice the cherry tomatoes into thin slices
5. Add the filling to the shell and place the tomato slices on top
6. Place the quiche in the oven and bake for 20-25min or just as the filling begins go brown.
7. Remove from the oven then allow to cool and then Slice and enjoy.
Even better the next day, store in a airtight container over night.
If you do make this yummy quiche and share it on instagram please tag me@abiteofvegan_ so that I can see and share your creations !
Lots of love,
Georgia, abiteofvegan x