VEGAN RICE PAPER ROLLS WITH PEANUT SATAY SAUCE
RECIPES/LUNCH/RICE PAPER ROLLS
A super simple, yummy and easy lunch idea.
MAKES: PREP TIME: COOK TIME:
6-8 rice paper rolls 20 minutes 10 minutes
FOR THE RICE PAPER ROLLS:
1 yellow bell paper thinly sliced
1/4 of a cucumber thinly sliced
2 carrots thinly sliced
1/2 block of tempeh sliced and marinated
Some vermicilli rice noodles
Rice paper wrappers
FOR THE TEMPEH MARINADE:
Once minced garlic clove
1 tbsp teriyaki sauce
2 tsp maple syrup
A pinch of salt and pepper
1 tsp Smoked paprika
1 tbsp vegan Worcester sauce (I used the brand Chippa because it’s gluten free too)
1/2 lemon juiced
Combine all ingredients in a bowl
FOR THE PEANUT SATAY SAUCE:
4 tbsp creamy smooth peanut butter
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp rice wine vinegar
1 tbsp chilli lime dressing
A little bit to warm water to combine everything
Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and stir until creamy.
MAKE THE RICE PAPER ROLLS:
1. Place the tempeh in the marinade for 10-15 minutes while preparing all of the other veggies.
2. Slice all of the vegetables.
3. Place the tempeh in the air fryer or oven at 180°C for 10 minutes until crispy or pan fry over medium heat.
4. While the tempeh cooks combine all the ingredients for the dressing.
5. Cook the vermicelli noodles according to the packaging and set aside to cool.
6. Assemble the rice paper rolls by dipping the rice paper in some water then filling it with the tempeh, veggies and vermicelli noodles and rolling it.
7. Serve with the dipping sauce and some fresh coriander and enjoy.