VEGAN MAPLE BACON FRENCH TOAST
A truly indulgent breakfast ! Layers of soft bread and crispy vegan bacon topped with a drizzle of sweet and stick maple syrup. It doesn't get better than that for breakfast.
MAKES: PREP TIME: COOK TIME:
6 slices of french toast 10 minutes 5-10 minutes
FOR FRENCH TOAST:
4 - 6 slices of bread of your choice
1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/4 cup of corn starch
1 tsp of ground flax seeds
1 tsp cinnamon
some oil or vegan butter for frying
1 packet of vegan bacon
6-8 sliced strawberries
Some more maple syrup
Icing sugar for dusting
MAKE THE BACON:
1. Fry the vegan bacon and set aside.
MAKE THE FRENCH TOAST:
2. Combine all the french toast ingredients in a bowl and whisk until there are no more lumps .
3. Soak each slice in the mixture (making sure it doesn’t get too soggy).
4. Cook in a good non stick pan over medium heat with some vegan butter until golden and crispy.
5. Stack with some strawberries and the vegan bacon
6. Drizzle with some maple syrup and dust with icing sugar.