VEGAN LEMON PASSIONFRUIT CHEESECAKE
I still can't believe this cheesecake is made without any cheese. It's so creamy and delicious that even non-vegans are fooled by it.
MAKES: PREP TIME: COOK TIME:
1 cake, serves 8 20 minutes and overnight setting time 10 minutes
FOR THE BASE:
2 packets of Nairns dark chocolate biscuits (any vegan biscuit will do too)
1/4 cup of melted vegan butter
FOR THE FILLING:
2 blocks of firm tofu
200g of vegan cream cheese
2 tsp vanilla essence or extract
1/2 cup maple syrup
2 tbsp dairy free cream (I used coconut cream but you can also use Orley Whip)
1/2 a lemon juiced
FOR THE TOPPING:
3-4 passion fruits (or 1 tin of passion fruit pulp)
2 tbsp sugar
MAKE THE CHEESECAKE:
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. In a food processor break up the biscuits.
3. Add the melted vegan butter and combine again.
4. Press the mixture into a spring form pan (20cm diameter) with a spoon and bake in the oven for 10 min until the base is golden. Then remove the base from the oven and allow to cool.
5. While the base bakes clean out the food processor and add all your filling ingredients.
6. Process until smooth and creamy
7. Pour into the cooled base and place in he fridge overnight (or for at least 5 hours) until the filling is set.
8. Before serving heat the passion fruit and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat and then allow to cool.
9. Pour the cooled mixture over the cheesecake.
10. Slice and serve.