VEGAN FUNFETTI CUPCAKES
RECIPES/SWEET TREATS/ CUPCAKES
HAPPY WORLD VEGAN DAY !
And what better way to celebrate than with a vegan cupcake.
It’s crazy to think that 5 years ago when I went vegan that there were almost no options here in South Africa. When I went vegan I thought I was saying goodbye to things like cupcakes, donuts ,ice cream and cheese for good. Now we can choose from so many amazing vegan restaurants, donuts, cheeses, plant milks, vegan meat alternatives, burgers, milkshakes and ice cream.
To think how things can change in 5 years and how vegan options and alternatives are going to continue to increase. Choosing a vegan lifestyle is just going to become easier.
MAKES: PREP TIME: COOK TIME:
12-16 cupcakes 15 minutes 25 miuntes
FOR THE CUPCAKES:
1 1/2 cups of unsweetened almond milk
1 tsp Apple cider vinegar
2 3/4 cups of cake flour
1 1/2 cups of castor sugar
1 tbsp of baking powder
A generous pinch of salt
1/2 cup of canola oil
1 tbsp vanilla essence
3 tbsp of vegan sprinkles
FOR THE ICING:
1 tub of Pillsbury vanilla icing (accidentally vegan)
MAKE THE CUPCAKES:
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease and line a 12 cupcake pan.
2. In a bowl combine the almond milk and apple cider vinegar then mix and set aside.
3. In a separate bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt .
4. Add the milk mixture to the dry ingredients and add the oil and vanilla essence.
5. Whisk the mixture until it is well combined and no longer has big lumps.
6. Spoon the mixture into the cupcake pan.
7. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until a cake tester or toothpick comes out clean.
8. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a cooking rack.
9. Transfer the icing to a piping bag and pipe the icing onto the cupcakes (you can also spread it with a knife)
10. Top with some more sprinkles and a candle to celebrate world vegan day ✨🤩