VEGAN CHOCOLATE FONDANT
RECIPES/SWEET TREATS/ CHOCOLATE
A really decadent and rich dessert ! one of my favourites before going vegan, here’s a recipe for a vegan one:
MAKES: PREP TIME: COOK TIME:
4 -6 servings 15 minutes (& two hours freeze time) 15 minutes
FOR THE GANACHE INSIDE:
100g Lindt 70% dark chocolate
100ml almond milk
FOR THE FONDANT:
110g plain flour (sifted)
30g or cocoa powder + extra for dusting
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
a pinch of salt
90g of dark brown sugar
100ml almond milk
40 ml sunflower oil + extra for greasing
2 tsp instant coffee
1 tsp red wine vinegar
150 ml of warm water
2 tsp Orgran Egg Replacer
MAKE THE GANCHE:
Heat (in the microwave or in a bowl over a pot of boiling water) until completed melted )stirring in between, then pour into an ice cube tray and freeze for at least 2 hours)
MAKE THE FONDANTS:
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease 4 pudding ramekins and dust with a generous layer of cocoa powder.
2. In a large bowl sift the flour, cocoa powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt.
3. Stir in the dark brown sugar.
4. In a separate bowl combine the almond milk, sunflower oil, instant coffee, red wine vinegar, warm water and egg replacer.
5. Add the wet mixture to the dry mixer and whisk until completely combined.
6. Remove the ice cube tray from the freezer and remove the ganache cubes.
5. Pour the fondant mixture into the pudding ramekins (around 1/4 way full) then add the ganache cube on top.
7. Cover with more fondant mixture until just more than half way.
8. Place in the middle of the oven and bake for 12-14 minutes (do not open the oven in between)
9. Once baked remove from the oven and serve immediately: loosen the sides with a knife and flip onto a plate.
10. Then lift the ramekin and enjoy. I like to serve mine with some vegan vanilla ice cream from and a dusting of cocoa powder.