VEGAN CARAMEL POPCORN
RECIPES/SWEET TREATS/ POPCORN
This popcorn reminds me so much of when I was little and loved Diddle Daddle popcorn. So I decide to veganise it !
MAKES: PREP TIME: COOK TIME:
2 large servings 15 minutes 10 minutes
FOR THE POPCORN:
1 bag of microwave popcorn (I used salted)
1 cup of white sugar
4 tbsp of vegan butter
MAKE THE CARAMEL POPCORN:
1. In a saucepan over medium heat add your sugar and stir until it melts (around 3-4 minutes)
2. Place the popcorn in the microwave for 2 minutes or according to packet instructions.
3. Once the sugar is melted remove the saucepan from the heat and add the butter and stir it through.
4. Place the popcorn in a bowl and pour over the warm caramel sauce, then transfer to a lines baking sheet and allow to cool completely.
5. Once cooled break up the popcorn and enjoy.