VEGAN BBQ JACKFRUIT SANDWICH
A super yummy, flavourful and quick sarmie !
MAKES: PREP TIME: COOK TIME:
2 sandwiches 15 minutes 10 minutes
FOR THE SANDWICH:
4 slices of brown bread
2 tbsp vegan mayo
vegan butter for spreading
1/2 baby red cabbage thinly sliced
some finely chopped coriander
1 can of jackfruit (560g) drained and shredded into pieces
3 tbsp barbecue sauce of choice
2 tbsp tomato paste
1 tsp paprika
Salt to taste
Optional: sriracha sauce for a little bit of heat
MAKE THE SANDWICH:
1. In a pot over medium heat, add the drained and shredded jackfruit, barbecue sauce, tomato paste, salt, paprika and sriracha and cook for 10 minutes.
2. In a bowl add the chopped cabbage and coriander.
3. Toast the bread and spread with butter.
4. Add the jackfruit and then the cabbage.
5. Spread a thick layer of mayo on the top slice and close the sandwich.
6. Enjoy !