SMALL BATCH MATCHA CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS
RECIPES/SWEET TREATS/ MUFFINS
A quick and easy recipe that makes 6 normal size or 4 large muffins. I you love matcha, you're sure to love these muffins too.
MAKES: PREP TIME: COOKING TIME:
6 muffins 5 minutes 20 minutes
FOR THE MUFFINS:
150g of all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
a pinch of salt
2 tbsp matcha powder
1/2 cup of maple syrup (or liquid sweetener of your choice)
1/2 cup of melted vegan butter
1 “egg” Organ egg replacer (or a flax egg)
Optional: 1/2 cup of vegan chocolate chips
MAKE THE MUFFINS:
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and line or grease a muffin tray.
2. Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
3. Add the wet ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon until combined then fold in the chocolate chips.
4. Spoon into your muffin moulds then bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
5. Once baked allow to cool and then transfer to a cooling rack and dust with some icing sugar.