ROASTED TOMATO SOUP
I’ve been loving this tomato soup lately, especially since it’s been so cold the past week ! It’s so easy and only has 4 INGREDIENTS - Tomatoes, onion and garlic ! And it’s so easy to store in the freezer, a perfect meal prep idea.
MAKES: PREP TIME: COOK TIME:
6 servings 15 minutes 45 minutes
FOR THE SOUP:
4 large rosa tomatoes, halved
300g Mediterranean tomatoes
200g cherry tomatoes
1 head of garlic, with the top sliced off
1 red onion, quartered
Opinional: fresh basil
MAKE THE SOUP:
1. Preheat the oven to 120°C.
2. Place all the ingredients on a baking tray and drizzle with a generous amount of olive oil and some salt and pepper.
3. Roast at a low heat for 40-45 minutes the remove from the oven.
4. De-stalk the tomatoes and add them to the blender along with onion and the garlic (squeeze the garlic out of the peel) and optional fresh basil then blend until smooth.
5. Enjoy with some dairy free cream and more fresh basil !