PEANUT BUTTER AND GOLDEN SYRUP ROLLS
RECIPES/SWEET TREATS/ ROLLS
MAKES: PREP TIME: COOK TIME:
10-12 rolls 30 minutes 30 minutes
FOR THE FILLING:
40g of crunchy peanut butter
40g of vegan margarine spread
3 tbsp of golden syrup
FOR THE ROLLS:
500g of store bought bread dough
MAKE THE ROLLS: 1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and lightly butter your Le Creuset Buffet casserole dish.
2. In a bowl combine the peanut butter, vegan spread and golden syrup and stir until combined.
3. On a lightly floured surface roll the bread dough until around 2cm thick.
4. Spread the filling mixture onto the bread dough.
5. Roll tightly lengthways then cut into 10-12 rolls (around 2-3 cm thick).
6. Pack into the baking dish and cover with a damp tea towel and allow to rise for 20 minutes.
7. Then bake for 25 minutes with the lid on and 10 minutes with the lid off until golden and crispy.
8. Once baked allow to cool for 5 minutes then drizzle with some golden syrup and optional peanut butter icing (2 tbsp of crunchy peanut butter + 1 cup of ready made icing from pillsbury)
9. Serve your sticky bake with some more golden syrup and vanilla ice cream.