3 1/3 cups of all purpose flour
1 1/3 cup warm water
1/4 cup of olive oil
1 packet of dry instant yeast
2 tsp of sugar
2 tsp of course/flaky salt
Olives and rosemary to top
1. In a mixing bowl with a dough hook attachment add the water, sugar and yeast and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
2. Then set the mixer to a low speed and slowly add the olive oil, salt and flour.
3. Set the mixer to a medium speed and allow the dough to be kneaded by the mixer for 4-5 minutes (you can also knead by hand for 5 minutes on a floured surface if you do not have a dough hook)
4. Remove the dough from the mixing bowl and form it into a ball.
5. Pour some olive oil back into the mixing bowl and place the dough back inside then cover it with a damp cloth and set it in a warm place to rise for 45 minutes until it had doubled in size.
6. Preheat the over to 200°c
7. Remove the dough from the bowl and roll out into a thin rectangle on a floured surface then cover again and allow to rise for 15-20 minutes.
8. Place the dough in a lined baking dish and push it so that it fills the dish.
9. Poke holes in the dough (so that your finger touches the bottom) and add some olives, rosemary and another drizzle of olive oil.
10. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes than remove, slice and enjoy hot from the oven
If you do try this recipe, please let me know you enjoyed it via instagram. I would also love to share your creations so remember to tag me.
Georgia, abiteofvegan x