VEGAN MINESTRONE SOUP
Vegan and gluten-free minestrone soup inspired by Jamie Oliver and the freezing cold weather we had today - this was such a delicious, quick and hearty meal.
MAKES: PREP TIME COOK TIME:
3-4 servings 15 minutes 20 minutes
FOR THE SOUP:
1 large red onion, diced
1 large carrot chopped
2 celery sticks sliced
1 tsp of vegan veg stock powder
1 tin of diced tomatoes
2 handfuls of kale chopped
1 tin of red kidney beans (not drained)
1 tin of cannelloni beans (not drained)
1-2 cups of chickpea pasta
Chopped parsley to serve
olive oil, salt and pepper
MAKE THE SOUP:
1. In a pot over medium heat add the olive oil and then the onion, carrot and celery, cook down for 5 minutes.
2. Add the veg stock powder.
3. Pour in the tined tomatoes and then fill up the tin with some more water and add that too.
4. Add the chopped kale and both tins of beans.
5. Add the pasta, bring to a boil and cook for a further 10-15 minutes until the pasta is cooked.
6. Turn off the heat, transfer to a bowl and garnish with some fresh parsley.