GREEN PASTA SALAD
This yummy vegan and gluten free pasta salad is filled with grilled baby marrow, green peas and pine nuts and packs some extra protein because I used gluten free chickpea pasta.
MAKES: PREP TIME: COOK TIME:
4-6 servings 20 minutes 10 minutes
FOR THE PASTA SALAD:
1 box of chickpea pasta
1 tin of green garden peas, drained
5-7 baby marrow sliced length ways and grilled on high heat.
1/2 a lemon
1/4 cup of pine nuts
some olive oil
vegan Parmesan style cheese
MAKE THE PASTA SALAD:
1. Cook pasta according to instructions - I like to overcook mine a little bit so that it is softer (since it is gluten free).
2. Grill the baby marrows over high heat with some salt and pepper.
3. Slice the 1/4 of the lemon in thin slices and slice the basil leaves.
4. Drain the pasta and add to a large bowl, drizzle with some olive oil and salt and pepper.
5. Drain the peas and add to the bowl.
6. Add the lemon slices, baby marrow and fresh basil to the bowl and combine.
7. Sprinkle with the pine nuts, vegan Parmesan and squeeze the other 1/2 lemon over the pasta.
8. Add some more salt and pepper and enjoy !