GLUTEN FREE VICTORIA SPONGE CAKE
This 1 bowl vegan and gluten-free Victoria sponge cake is perfectly layered with whipped cream and strawberries. It also requires minimal clean up, which is my favourite for Sunday baking.
MAKES: PREP TIME: COOK TIME:
1 loaf , serves 8 15 minutes 35 minutes
FOR THE CAKE:
1 1/2 cups of gluten-free flour
1 cup of sugar
1 tsp of baking powder
a generous pinch of salt
1 tsp white vinegar
1 cup of water
5 tbsp canola oil
2 tsp vanilla extract
FOR THE FILLING:
Beat together 250ml Orley whip dairy free cream and 1 cup of icing sugar
Sliced strawberries (10-15)
MAKE THE CAKE:
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease and line a loaf tin.
2. In a large mixing bowl add all of the dry ingredients and mix to combine.
3. Form 3 hollows in the mixture. Pour the vinegar in 1 hollow, oil in the other and vanilla in the last one.
4. Pour the water over top and mix with a wooden spoon until combined.
5. Pour into the baking tin and place in the oven to bake for 30-35 minutes until golden on top and a toothpick comes out clean.
6. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely then slice lengthways and fill with the cream and some strawberries.
7. Top with more cream and strawberries.