CHICKPEA MAYO SARMIE
A super simple sandwich recipe, perfect for lunch boxes and picnics.
MAKES: PREP TIME: COOK TIME:
2 sarmies 15 minutes None
1 tin of chickpeas, drained
2 tbsp tangy mayo
1 celery stick thinly sliced
a pinch of salt and pepper
4 slices of bread of your choice
1 roma tomato, sliced
Some lettuce leaves
2 tsp hot chutney
1/2 an avocado sliced
2 slices of vegan cheese
1. Drain and mash the chickpeas using a fork.
2. Mix in the mayo and the sliced celery.
3. Toast the bread and allow to cool then spread evenly with the vegan margarine.
4. Spread one piece with the hot chutney.
5. Layer the lettuce, chickpea mixture, cheese, sliced tomato and the avo on top.
6. Close the sarmie, slice and enjoy.