a super easy and fluffy bagel recipe ! This is perfect to make at the beginning of the week and store for an easy meal idea. I like to fill my bagel with avocado, roasted bell peppers, hummus and baby spinach but these bagels are perfect with any kinda of toppings.
Ideas for a breakfast bagels: bagel with peanut butter and jam or a bagel with tofu scramble, baby spinach and panfried mushroom.
makes 6 bagels (you can double the recipe as needed)
1 sachet of dry yeast
4 1/2 cups flour (all- purpose)
1 1/4 cups water
2 tablespoons canola oil
3 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
White sesame seeds
1. Mix the water and yeast in a electric mixing bowl and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
2. In another bowl mix together the rest of the dough ingredients.
3. Add the dough ingredients to the water and yeast mixture.
4. Attach a dough hook to the mixer and mix the dough until combined (around 5 min)
5. Cover the bowl with a cloth and leave to rise for 2 hours .
7. Preheat the oven to 245°c and line a baking tray with baking (parchment) paper.
6. Knead the dough into a ball and cut in half and then cut each half into 3 sections.
7. Boil a litre of water in a pot on the stove .
8. Knead each piece into balls and poke a hole though the middle and flatten slightly (forming a bagel shape) .
9. Boil the bagels in the water for 1 minute on each side and then place on the baking sheet and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
10. Bake in the oven for 15 min until golden
If you do try this recipe please be sure to let me know via email or instagram direct message. I would love to know if you enjoyed this recipe or what you topped your bagels with. I am always looking to make improvements so any comments would be helpful.
Also if you do post your bagel on your instagram or instagram story please tag me so that I can see @abiteofvegan_
Georgia, abiteofvegan x